Instagram hits the headlines as the world’s most visited app with billion of active users. Instagram ecommerce integration becomes increasingly attractive for businesses as for many brands, Instagram is the best way to promote some products.
How to generate sales on Instagram? Below, is our updated material with 3 powerful strategies to boost your web store sales through one of the most popular social media platforms in 2022.
Introduction: Do Instagram promotion services in eCommerce Make Sense?
According to Statista, the number of Instagram monthly active users makes 2 billion. These users are a huge “open field” and a perfect advertising audience for businesses. Instagram promotion services help to generate leads, increase customer loyalty, and improve Instagram traffic.
The leading provider of news, analysis, and data for the mobile app development industry Business of Apps identified that 66% of Instagram users say they use this social network for live sales and to interact with their favourite brands. However, just having a profile is not enough to boost Instagram sales immediately.
So how to set up Instagram shop? How to boost Instagram posts to reach wider audiences? Below we suggest 3 strategies to develop Instagram companies’ accounts that keep business going and customers engaged.
How To Grow Your Business On Instagram? Create Proper Content!
Along with a quality promo pic for Instagram and a descriptive caption, mind new content types on Instagram and introduce them to sell products and increase your audience engagement.
Below are 3 tips to help make your content on Instagram appealing:
Use Shoppable Posts
Instagram gives an opportunity to create shoppable images and let customers shop without leaving their Instagram app. This tool drives additional traffic directly from your ecommerce Instagram posts, enabling you to stay connected with your customers and reach a whole new audience pool.
Publish Effective Stories
Do not underestimate Instagram’s story feature. Here are some of the most sales-driving but often missed out ideas for this type of Instagram posts to advantage your web store:
- User-generated content (UGC). Repost UGC, like your customers’ photos, reviews, and comments to your stories. UGC is a great way to get original content from almost any Instagrammer profile for free and easily, as well as attract public attention.
- Instagram live stream. Launch a live stream to showcase a new product or conduct a special event to promote your web store and involve your followers in a conversation. Instagram live shopping works incredibly well.
- Q&A sessions and voting. Reach out to your audience with a Q&A session or voting. Showing people that their opinions matter and queries are not going to be left without a response is a good way to the Instagram boost. People appreciate it when brands on Instagram communicate with them directly.
Create Special Offers and Promotions
Eye-catching, tempting seasonal offers and time-limited Instagram live sales awake the desire to shop right now and right here. You can announce seasonal sales or launch coming soon Instagram post – such deals often go viral and bring repeat customers to your business.
How To Increase Instagram sales? Pay Attention to Analytics!
A business account on Instagram provides access to analytics that you can use during your Instagram store setup. You can get valuable insights into the minds of your current customers and learn about “passer-bys” who might be your potential followers and buyers.
Important Metrics to Track for Instagram Boost
- Interactions. Have you ever wondered: “What does profile visits mean on Instagram?” Interactions indicator helps to deal with this issue. It tracks actions that the users take coming across one of your posts. Interactions include likes, comments, direct visits to your profile, use of your email, and a phone call button. They help understand if your content resonates with your customer base.
- Follows. This metric shows the number of followers you get from a particular post. The more followers you get, the more potential buyers are among them.
- Impressions. Impressions reflect how many times your post was viewed. Additionally, you can see the posts viewed from hashtags and posts viewed from your profile. This option helps to figure out the most effective ways to market your products via Instagram.
- Saves. This is the total number of accounts that have your post saved. The more saves you get on a post, the more people it will be shown to, according to Instagram’s algorithm.
- Follower hours & days. Analyze this metric to understand when your followers are most active and make your publications at the best time.
Tools to Help You Track Analytics
If you can’t afford to spend time to analyze each metric, here are three awesome tools to help you track Instagram analytics:
Squarelovin provides access to metrics on recent posts and growth, together with insights on how to optimize your account.
Hootsuite is a platform that analyzes the performance of your account on Instagram and builds custom reports.
Socialbakers tracks analytics and the entire digital strategy to let you see what is working and what does not benefit your business.
How to Set up Instagram Shop and Integrate Instagram into Your Online Store?
A market research company Global Web Index showed that Instagram is a top social network in terms of researching products. This is why the integration of your Instagram account with your ecommerce website has the potential to considerably elevate your marketing.
The most commonly used ways to connect your online store with Instagram include:
- Instagram embedded tools. They serve to link a particular post to your website. By using embedded tools, you are allowed to embed only one individual Instagram publication. Changing or updating an embed post in your e-store requires editing the embed link.
- Widget generators. Widgets are suitable for WordPress users, allowing for drag-and-dropping necessary posts from Instagram.
- Third-party plugins. They can provide access to individual Instagram posts and to the entire profile page. Additionally, plugins help to design your web store’s gallery with the latest updates.
- Custom Extensions. Custom solutions help to fully integrate Instagram feed with web stores based on Magento CMS.
Custom Instagram Integration Extensions
If you are running a Magento-based store, the best way to connect it with Instagram will be extensions. As a good example to opt for, we suggest trying Instagram Feed, a new Magento extension created by NEKLO team.
The extension has a rich feature set allowing for:
- Functioning through the latest Graph API to provide a smooth connection;
- Showcasing posts from several Instagram accounts connected to one Business Page on Facebook;
- Customization: you select the location of your Instagram feed, number of images to show, and layout (a grid or a slider);
- Turning it off, if needed, without deleting. Your settings will remain saved.
Instagram Feed is one of the most trending extensions for Magento used by ecommerce companies and brands to build awareness and update customers about the arrival of new stock.
Wrapping Up on eCommerce Instagram sales & Instagram Boost
People come to Instagram to get inspired, to explore trends, and discover new products. Being integrated with your web store, an Instagram profile makes a perfect shopping window extending the audience reach and boosting sales.
The use of custom Instagram integration extensions like Instagram Feed, insightful analytics, and valuable, attractive content will help make your Instagram posts and stories an instrument for driving people to your website and increasing purchases.
In case you need a helping hand to promote your business on Instagram, contact NEKLO ecommerce experts through the form on our website and together we will work out a solution for your business.