Magento is a great eCommerce program. Not only do you get an out-of-the-box store, but also the flexibility to make it your own by adding different extensions and themes. There is also a free Community version which is one of the most popular among the eCommerce programs. However, Magento is also a resource hog. That means due to various reasons, your store load speed is decreased. Aspiration Hosting has written a guide to help in Magento’s performance improvement.You can download the complete pdf file here:79 Tips and Tricks for Magento Performance Improvement
Magento Performance Improvement TipsWhen choosing a hosting plan, consider the following:
- First of all how much disk space will you need? Aspiration Hosting always recommends starting with our Cloud Plus plan which comes with 25GB of space.
- Secondly, can you install Magento 2? Some hosts don’t upgrade their resources which makes them incapable of hosting Magento 2 sites. Aspiration Hosting however has optimized their Magento Hosting so that both Magento 1 and 2 can be hosted without issues.
- Is it SSD? Solid State Drives are 20x times faster than all conventional drives.
- What server locations do they have? Always choose a location closer to your customers so that your site loads below the 2 secs rule. Aspiration Hosting has 4 locations – California – USA, London – UK, Singapore, and Sydney – Australia.
- And finally, can they guarantee uptime. A host that has an uptime of 99% is best. That means your site rarely goes offline.