The latest data from the Wishpond marketing agency says that the indicator of open letters for corporate mailings is only 10% and the average CTR is 5%. That means that only one in ten will read your email.Not too much? Do not rush to close the article, here you’ll find 7 ways to increase the efficiency of email marketing.
1. Highlight the key pointsIt’s a common mistake to think that customers won’t read your letters. More often people scan your text and mention the most important parts. Try to make the key points of your letter more noticeable.How to highlight the key points?Here are a couple of ideas:
- Use bold font
- Try contrasting color or background
- Use numbered and bulleted lists
2. Put links and share buttons in your letterEncourage users to share your messages. Share buttons allow you to connect your email with social media.There are some ideas to get more shares:
- Offer your customers to participate in the prize draw. To get a chance to win, the reader should make a report.
- Offer the sale for your customers and their friends.
- Ask your customers to announce your posts.
3. Use SMTP serverSMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol allows you to control your mailing strategy. SMTP server keeps your data secured and can send a huge amount of emails. With the help of SMTP, you can control all points of mailing. You can check mail delivery and amount of openings.SMTP servers help you to measuring exactly how successful your email advertising is with good variety of analytic. Use Custom SMTP Extension for advanced function
4. Say your customers what to do – Use Call-to-ActionInclude a series of mini-CTA in the letter. You can use Call-to-Action which follow customers to conversion.
- Use CTA in the topic of the letter.
- Use imperative verbs. For example: “Follow the link and get a discount”
- The most powerful CTA should be used in conversion button.