The customer running their enterprise software needed to audit the security aspects of the solution.
They delegated the following tasks to our cybersecurity experts:
- Identify and evaluate potential cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities;
- Perform penetration testing to identify weaknesses in the solution’s architecture;
- Implement encryption protocols to ensure sensitive data protection at rest and in transit;
- Ensure that the solution complies with industry-specific regulations and standards for security, including NIST 800-171 and SOC II Type 2.
Our team of cybersecurity experts audited the solution and provided all the necessary documentation with a complete description of the minor and major vulnerabilities detected during the audit. The documents prioritize the existing challenges, include a complete set of measures to resolve them and contain recommendations on how to enhance the overall solution’s security in the future.
Major outcomes of the audit include:
- Security policy and procedures enforcement, including password policies, data retention policies, and encryption requirements;
- Software security patches update to protect against known vulnerabilities;
- Security awareness training implementation for the software solution users to educate them about the security best practices and potential threats;
- Maintaining documentation related to security policies, procedures, incident reports, and security configurations.